Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING FOR ANY OF THE SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE ONLINE SYSTEM VIA THE WEBSITE www.ipcyprus.com
IPCyprus accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the material on this Website. This material is:
- information of a general nature only which is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the IPCyprus services have no control and for which IPCyprus assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice
You must be 18 years of age or older to apply through this Website and by accepting these terms and conditions You are confirming this.
IPCyprus reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions without notice to You in relation to future applications.
These terms do not create any rights to any parties other than the applicant.
Contracting Parties are the user of the Website (‘You’) and IPCyprus. IPCyprus is responsible for all services requested by You.
Fees is the amount of money, in the currency specified in each case, that You must pay in the Website in order to receive the contracted service.
Power of Attorney is the original authorization that You deliver to IPCyprus or the Lawyer in order for them to perform all required actions to execute the requested services on behalf of the Titleholder.
E-Filing form is the form that You should fill in on the IPCyprus Website with the data therein required for IPCyprus and the Lawyer to render a specified service.
Specific Contract is the agreement by which IPCyprus undertakes to perform the requested services through a specific Request for Service contained in the Web Page. In return, You undertakes to deliver all required information together with the payment of the Charge for the requested service.
Titleholder is the owner of the intellectual property and who identifies themselves as such in the Request for Service and who wishes to register such intellectual property. The Titleholder may be a natural or legal person and act by themselves or through their representative.
If You are the Titleholder or their representative, identified as such by accessing the Website, You are responsible for delivering all necessary information in each of the E-Filing Forms. It is understood that You, when being a representative, are expressly authorized by the Titleholder to deliver this information in the Website. IPCyprus will maintain its communications with You.
Trademarks Office is the Governmental Authority of the country where the Lawyer requests and files the relevant intellectual property registration or the relevant OHIM or WIPO office where the registration may take place.
Request for Service is the specific request made by You in connection with the services offered by the Website.
1. The information, services and products available to You on this Website may contain errors and may be subject to periods of interruption. While the Website does its best to maintain the information, services and products it offers on the Website, it cannot be held responsible for any errors, defects, lost profits or other consequential damages arising from the use of the Website.
2. IPCyprus and / or the Lawyer, take upon no responsibility in the event that a Trademark, Design, Patent, Domain Name or Company Formation is not granted. You accept ab initio that any objection, opposition, or rejection, or any other situation that prevents the further processing of the registration request, is not the responsibility of the IPCyprus, its directors, employees, and Lawyers and hereby waives any indemnification.
3. IPCyprus and the Lawyer will proceed with each requested service after:
(i) it has received from You all required information in the respective Request for Service contained in the Website.
(ii) payment of the respective Fee, and
(iii) the original Power of Attorney, in such cases where this is necessary.
(iv) any other original documents as may be necessary to process the request.
4. All actions taken by IPCyprus and/or the Lawyer will be performed according to the information delivered by You. To that end, IPCyprus and the Lawyer will not accept any responsibility if such information infringes any third party’s rights or contains errors or omissions. You are absolutely responsible for all data delivered in any Request for Service available in the Website whether recommended or not by IPCyprus. You declare that, by filling in the Online form for any Request for Service on the Website, You guarantee IPCyprus that all supplied information is true and based on the principles of mercantile bona fide.
5. IPCyprus may request and receive from You any further identification documentation at their discretion for the purposes of fulfilling their “Know Your Client” obligations accordingly.
6. You are responsible to act within the deadlines established by IPCyprus, in case of objections, oppositions, and refusals in the processing of the Request for Service. You must be aware that the deadlines are binding, i.e. that if the required action is not complied with within the prescribed term, the right for a cause of action is relinquished, which normally leads to the loss of the registration request and/or other rights. You must provide and cooperate during the processing of the Request for Service in an integral and complete manner, delivering precise information and responding to the requirements for information requested by IPCyprus within the terms for reply that IPCyprus indicates.
7. You, by means of this Agreement, declare that You are wholly responsible for any claim, procedure, damage, injury, loss, or cost that may arise from, or that is related to your deeds.
1. As consideration for the requested services, You agree to pay IPCyprus applicable service fees. All fees payable hereunder are non-refundable. As further consideration for the Services, You agree to:
(1) provide current, complete and accurate information as required by the registration process and
(2) maintain this information updated to keep it current, complete and accurate.
2. IPCyprus will not return the Charge paid for errors or omissions made by You including, but not limited to, a breach in the terms of this Agreement and the delivery of incorrect information when submitting any Request for Service, or the incorrect modification of necessary information for the processing thereof.
4. You accept and declare that if You don’t contract certain services within the term required by IPCyprus, it will be assumed ipso jure that You relinquish your interest in pursuing the processing of the respective Request for Service, therefore terminating the Specific Contract without any refund of money by IPCyprus.
1. All personal data collected by the Office are processed in accordance with the provisions of the Processing of Personal Data (Protection of Individuals) Law 138 (I) 2001 and any amendments thereof.
2. IPCyprus will take all possible measures in order to secure the personal data. The information collected is processed and/or accessed only by the members of its staff responsible for the corresponding processing operation. However, it cannot eliminate all risks relating to the use of the Internet. Thus, at the time of submitting the Data, You must be aware that other users of the Internet can possibly manage to visualize the Data.
3. Unless specified differently, all natural persons providing personal information to IPCyprus by means of paper or electronic form are deemed to have unambiguously given their consent for the subsequent processing operations.
Limitation of Liability
1. Under no circumstance will IPCyprus and the Lawyers be responsible for any damage, loss of data or their inputs incurred by You as a consequence of your connection with the Website or due to the interruption of a communication, or malfunctioning of the servers.
2. It is understood that by virtue of accessing the Website, or using its services, You expressly waive any indemnification, claim or right that You may have against IPCyprus and its representatives.
3. Under no circumstance will IPCyprus and the Lawyers and/or employees be responsible for any damages that the You may incur while using the Website or any link to the site, except when expressly provided to the contrary. The extent of this liability clause is applicable to damages of any nature, including, but not limited to, the loss of data and programs, losses in results, losses or interruptions of businesses, and third party claims.
4. The delays and errors resulting from force majeure will not be considered a breach of services of IPCyprus or the Lawyer, including, but not limited to, problems arising from elements of nature, fires, acts of war, national security attacks, coups d’état, or interruptions in the Website derived from major technical problems as determined by IPCyprus.
5. IPCyprus may terminate this Agreement, the Contract, and the authorization given to You to use this Website from the moment You cease to comply with your obligations with IPCyprus. Any inaccurate information given by You will be a cause for termination of this Agreement, such as the refusal to update or deliver the requested information, or the lack of instructions given within the terms required by IPCyprus to continue processing of the contracted services.
6. All communications between the parties will be made via e-mail or fax and to the addresses of the contracting parties, unless otherwise required by legal or practical requirements and previously agreed between the Contracting Parties.
7. IPCyprus reserves the right, without expression of cause, to reject any Request for Service.
8. Waiver of a breach of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any other breach. All remedies under this Agreement are in addition to equitable remedies and remedies provided by law, and are cumulative. Failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver or create an estoppel from enforcing such provision. Any waiver of a provision of this Agreement shall not be binding unless such waiver is in writing and signed by the waiving party.
9. In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are declared unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum necessary extent so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Copyright and e-communication
1. Except otherwise stated, the visitor is allowed to read, download and print documents and information under the following conditions:
• The documents and information cannot be changed in whatever way, and
• The documents cannot be reproduced apart from the Website.
2. The rights implicitly or explicitly granted to the visitor are an authorization of use and, in no case, shall constitute a transfer of rights, property or another transfer or creation of rights, titles or tolerances, in relation to the Website.
1. Any dispute in connection with the use of the Website is governed by the laws of the Republic of Cyprus. All litigation with respect to the current site shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the district court in and of the Republic of Cyprus. Any access to this Website shall be considered to have taken place at the operating office of IPCyprus at the date and time shown on the IPCyprus server.
2. In the event of a discrepancy or difference in interpretation between various language versions of this Agreement, the English language version shall prevail.
Each party shall pay its own costs and expenses of litigation.
4. You agree that this Agreement amounts to the complete and exclusive agreement between You and IPCyprus. This Agreement supersedes any prior agreements and understandings, whether oral or written and whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent
PLEASE READ AND REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE.