Get the right IP
I Want to:
Intellectual property (IP) rights enable authors, artists, designers and inventors to decide how their creations and inventions are used.
These rights, most of which exist for a certain duration and need to be actively maintained in order to be effective are a key incentive to creativity and innovation, and increase consumer choice and job creation in the global economy.
In Cyprus, intellectual property rights, fall principally into two categories:
- Industrial property, which mainly comprises of:
- Copyright, which covers literary and artistic works such as art, books, articles, plays, , musical works, maps and computer software. Further, rights related to copyright include those of performers and producers of films and rights in sound recordings and broadcasts.
– Trademarks: which amongst others can be a word, logo or symbol which competitor companies may not use once it has been protected.
– Patents: meaning new technical comprises and or process.
– Designs: meaning the outward appearance of a product, not the technical features.
In case you are not sure what type of protection you require, IPCyprus will be happy to guide and assist you in this regard. Send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.